2017 Los Angeles Auto Show: Lexus RX L revealed. The RX L is the seven-seater version of the Lexus RX SUV and will go on sale in the US early next year.
- The all-new RX L is 110mm longer than the Lexus RX SUV currently on sale in India at 5,000mm. The Japanese luxury carmaker has also fitted the RX L with a steeper tailgate compared to the regular RX to give the passengers in the rear seat more headroom.
- The rear seat on the RX L is a strict two-seater with the centre section featuring two cupholders. The third row of seats is also served by the RX L’s tri-zone climate control system.
- Access to the rear seat of the Lexus RX L can be gained by sliding the second row of seats forward with the lep of a lever. The second row of seats now sits a little higher compared to the third for improved leg room.
- When not in use, the 60:40 split rear seats fold down into the floor of the RX increasing the size of the boot.
- The new Lexus RX L is available in both petrol and petrol-electric hybrid guises. The RX 350L uses a 3.5-litre V6 petrol engine producing 290bhp and 357Nm of torque.
- The RX450hL uses the same 3.5-litre V6 along with two electric motors that bump up the total system power output to 308bhp. The RX 450hL can run in electric-only mode for short distances.