The Tata Altroz EV debuted at Auto Expo 2020. With a sharp tweaked front end and a different set of alloy wheels, it has left an longing impression on many. Most of its features is replica of your standard Altroz. Featuring a highly efficient permanent magnet AC motor with superior performance, it fully utilises the carmaker’s new Ziptron powertrain. It comes with as a promising range for regular city users with its crisp sharp performance and zero emissions. This makes it the perfect hatchback for eco-conscious buyers.
Expected Launch of Altroz EV
The launch of the Altroz EV is expected to be somewhere around this year. Since, the Altroz EV is Tata’s first premium hatchback, we are fully gearing up for its price to take the market by storm.
Exterior & Interior
- Talking about design and looks, The Tata Altroz EV is not expected to look way different from other gasoline-powered Altroz models.
- The Altroz EV’s exteriors is speculated to be incorporated with projector headlights which is somewhat similar seen on the Altroz i-Turbo. Predicting the upcoming trending looks, this hatchback is equipped with new grille as well as new alloys featuring up the futuristic vibes in design. Making it more edgy, the alloys are expected to sport blue highlights, a popular secondary colour in Tata’s EV cars.
- Just like Nexon EV, even the Altroz EV is expected to be offered in Signature Teal Blue colour.
Approximately an n hour on DC fast charging (0-80%) is the expected charging time for the the Altroz EV. An hour or and a half of charging the lithium-ion battery pack, the Altroz is expected to have a range of 250km. Once or if this is managed and maintained byTata, nothing can beatthe Altroz to be a dependable and comfortable rode for city drivers as well as commuting from the highways to close places.
Battery and technology
The battery pack used on the Altroz EV is a 30.2kWh liquid-cooled, IP 67 lithium-ion pack which holds a capacity to generate around 100bhp. The company’s Ziptron EV technology has been inculcated in the EV, similar to your Nexon EV. This will open the AMT arena for Altroz. Get ready to experience a single-speed transmission (to give the feel of an automatic transmission) in upcoming Altroz EV.
Safety and Features
- Nothing magnificently different is expected from the Altroz EV in respect features seen in your regular Altroz. It is expected to come equipped with Floating touchscreen, iRA Connected Car Tech, ABS with EBD and dual airbags for full safety and comfort.
- Furthermore, the absence of a transmission tunnel has given full space and freedom for Tata designers to escalate the look further by incorporating a floating dashboard that offers airiness in front. Being an EV car, the company is implementing regenerative braking system to save some battery crunch in some extra miles.
The Altroz by Tata has impeccably created a demand among the Inidan consumers with its tweaked design and outstanding performance. Walking on same road, it is expected from Tata Altroz EV to repeat the history when it comes in the electrified avatar.