A piece of art. That’s exactly what the Mini Superleggera Vision Concept is. This is a Mini that’s hardly Mini like, but is exactly what everyone seems to want. The concept has only just been revealed, with no announcement of a production model and already it is being projected as a Mazda MX-5 Miata rival and has received universal praise.
Go through the images and we are sure you will instantly fall in love with this car.
Built by MINI and Italian design and coach-building company Touring Superleggera, the Vision Concept is a perfect mix of “Modern Britishness” and “Italian flair.
The Vision concept will be seen in public for the first time at the Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este 2014.
- As BMW Group design chief Adrian van Hooydonk puts it, the Vision Concept is “an elegant automobile which interprets a British roadster under the influence of Italian style and hand craftsmanship.” A British design with an Italian accent.
- This is a very simple looking roadster with a minimalistic, classic design, that puts driving pleasure at the forefront. You could also imagine yourself driving past a dreamy Italian countryside in this.
- The specially developed exterior paint finish Como Blue, almost liquid in effect, stands for both classic and modern style.
The front gets two circular headlights and a hexagonal grille. The two elements that will remind you that this is a Mini. There’s also the classic Mini bonnet stripes.
The rear tail lamps make clever use of the Union Jack design to “express the British roots of the MINI Superleggera.”
- The interior carries the same philosophy of minimalism, keeping only bare essentials. There are no flashy accents and stitches and over the top dashboard and instrument. Instead, plenty of leather and aluminium.
- The interior still maintains the Mini DNA, thanks to the round information display, while the sporty bucket seats are reminiscent of bygone MINI motor racing achievements and are covered in high-quality black leather.