BMW updated the 5 Series and 6 Series GT for the international markets back in May last year. However, now the company is all geared up to introduce the 2021 BMW 6 Series GT in the Indian market. The company is expected to launch the car on April 8th.
- However, the updated BMW 6GT will now be offered with a sportier design than before. At the front, the kidney grille has been revised, it gets the BMW laser light technology headlights (optional) and it will be offered in the sportier M Sport variant with a bolder styling package.
- On the inside, the car will feature similar styling to the current model. However, it will get the new 12.3-inch all-digital instrument cluster, a new multi-function steering wheel, the latest touchscreen infotainment and iDrive system which offers Apple CarPlay, and a wireless smartphone charging pad.
- Mechanically, the 2021 6 Series GT is likely to get the same engine options as before. One will be a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder turbo petrol engine that will pump out 255bhp of power and 400Nm of peak torque. On the other hand, it will also get a 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine that will produce 187bhp and 400Nm of torque.
- It will also get a bigger 3.0-litre, 6-cylinder diesel engine which churns out 263bhp of power and 620Nm of peak torque. All engines would be available with the 8-speed automatic along with 2-axle air suspensions set up as standard.
- In other recent news, BMW recently launched a new sedan model in the Indian market called the 220i Sport in India at a price of Rs 37.90 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The newly launched variant is now the entry-level offering in the brand’s 2-Series Gran Coupe line-up.
- Mechanically, the new BMW 220i Sport is powered by a twin-turbo 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine. It produces 188bhp of power and 280Nm of peak torque between 1350rpm and 4600rpm. The engine comes mated to a seven-speed Steptronic Sport automatic transmission.